Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Staffing Myth: Your Resume Goes into a Black Hole (Part II)

Staffing Myth: Your Resume Goes into a Black Hole (Part II):



As a recruiting professional in constant contact with top candidates daily, I often hear the words “I stopped sending my resume to online job postings because my resume goes into a black hole and I never hear back.” While it may appear as though a black hole lies just beyond the “submit resume” button, your resume does go somewhere and you can combat the gravitational pull of this mythical black hole.

There is certainly fierce competition for in-demand jobs, but there are several factors that can increase the likelihood of getting a call back from a recruiter or employer. The tips below can help you improve your job search and apply process, and with any luck, result in a call to learn more about the opportunity.

Read more...

No comments: